Dosage - Unless otherwise stated by your doctor or pharmacist, the usual dosage of Viscotears Liquid Gel is:
- Adults (including the elderly):
One drop in each affected eye, three or four times a day.
Viscotears Liquid Gel should only be used if prescribed by a doctor.
- Always wash your hands before applying Viscotears Liquid Gel.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using the eye drops and do not replace for at least 30 minutes.
- Hold the tube vertically.
- Tilt your head backwards
- Rest one hand on your cheek and gently pull down your lower eye lid.
- Look upwards.
- Insert one drop by squeezing the tube gently
- Blink a few times to spread the liquid gel evenly over your eye.
- Wipe away any excess gel from around the eyelids.
- Repeat for your other eye if required.
NOTE: Do not touch your eye or the surrounding area with the tip of the dropper. Viscotears Liquid Gel is not to be administered by multiple users.
Always read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
Active ingredients within Viscotears Liquid Gel:
- Carbomer (polyacrylic acid) 0.2 mg/g.
Inactive ingredients within Viscotears Liquid Gel:
- Cetrimide (as a preservative), sorbitol, sodium hydroxide and water.
Each tube contains 10 g of Viscotears.